#tincallabspotlight is a quick question & answer game that brings you a personal insight to the world of a different jewelry artist in every edition.
Today we present you Anna Vlahos: an Australian living in Athens, where she finds inspiration for her beautiful intricate wax work in archeological classic finds.
1. a tool or material of choice: wax. I love working in wax.
2. a source of inspiration: ancient Greek art, and especially depictions of nature in ancient Greek art.
3. your favorite color: green. The world would be a sad place without green.
4. a personality that influences you: Ernst Haeckel and Florence Broadhurst.
5. a book you think everyone should read: I've just finished reading Spillover by David Quammen. Pertinent lockdown reading, it has me wondering how this hasn't happened before now.
6. an unforgettable movie: for sentimental reasons I'll go with Murder By Death.
7. an album that would make the perfect playlist: Nirvana, Unplugged in New York.
8. a city to fall in love with: I certainly love Athens, the city I live in. Other's I'd love to get back to someday are Amsterdam and Stockholm.
9. the yummiest food and drink: pies from Ipiros. Dakos from Crete. Ice Cream in Nafplio.
10. a guilty pleasure: sleep ins.
In the photos: a portrait, a scene of the workspace and an inspiring photo taken by herself at the National Archaeological Museum of Athens.